Acupuncture has its roots based within traditional practices of Japanese and Chinese acupuncture – the use of the meridian, neuromuscular, and fascial systems. The meridian system is the energy pathways that travel through the body. The neuromuscular system is made up of the connections between the body’s muscles and the nervous system while connective tissues between skin and muscles or other organs form the fascial system.
Acupuncture encompasses both the physical and energetic spheres, with the aim to achieve balance between mind, body, and heart. The method is to use very fine, single use sterile needles to either facilitate or shunt energy throughout the body, helping to eliminate the root of the cause of pain as well as the symptoms. For those who have problems with needles, there is an alternative treatment technique called Shonishin. Shonishin is where blunt, non-insertion tools are used in a method of stroking the meridians to achieve the same benefits.
Acupuncture can be used to treat a wide range of common health conditions such as:
- Headaches, migraines, nervous tension
- Skin conditions including eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, acne, scar tissue, hair loss
- High or low blood pressure, chest pain, muscle cramps or poor circulation
- Respiratory conditions including bronchial asthma, sore throats and the common cold
- Psychological conditions including depression, phobias, anxiety
- Sporting injuries
There are a number of benefits of acupuncture such as:
- Providing drug-free form of pain relief
- Treating the underlying cause of pain and diseases as well as the symptoms
- Can be accessed and used to effectively treat a wide range of chronic and common illnesses
- Assists in the prevention against disease and illness as well as the maintenance of general well-being.
At Mindful Movement we strive to help your body to heal as a whole. We will take the time to assess your pain, symptoms and the source then create an individual treatment plan to produce lasting results.
To find out more about our services or if acupuncture is the right treatment for you, please give us a call today on 02 9477 4065 or send us an enquiry though the website.